2012 Trends - Monochrome10th November
Monochrome black and white décor schemes are a design classic and have stood the test of time, combining to the contrasting colours to provide a stunning solution for every bygone era. Today, these contrasting colours remain a simple, yet elegant look for every home – from period properties or state-of-the-art apartments.
White and black can both work perfectly for fitted furniture if you’re thinking about using a very neutral or an extremely bold paint scheme. So, whichever end of the monochrome spectrum you go for, these two contrasting colours are certain to make a bold design statement.
Pure, named for its clean lines and chic white gloss finish, evokes tranquillity and providing a beautiful backdrop for a relaxing bedroom space. Hiding behind the stunningly simple white gloss doors are magical storage solutions, guaranteed to ensure peace and serenity is maintained. Combining the expanse of wardrobes with low-line bedside furniture allows fluidity and even more storage capacity – ensuring the space remains clutter-free.
Black is now a key colour for a sumptuous scheme and no longer connotes a masculine look, as Modena from Sharps proves. The striking black gloss doors work in harmony with beautiful real walnut veneer to create balance and a sleek, bespoke look. In contrast, Boutique boasts a deep colour, together with sumptuous texture, which pays homage to hotel living. Equally diverse as a white finish, this darker finish can be teamed with either vivid or subtle colours to stunning effect.
Expert tip: In a smaller room, opt for high gloss white fitted furniture to reflect light and maximise every millimetre of space through clever internal storage solutions – maintaining a chic, minimal look.
- CREATING THE STYLISH, SERENE COASTAL LOOK
- Why you have nothing to wear...
- Inside the home of Capital FM's Lilah Parsons
- 5 WAYS TO ADD VALUE TO YOUR HOUSE
- OUR COLLABORATION WITH INTERIORS BLOGGER, HEATH
- PERFECT FITTED WARDROBES TO COMPLEMENT TOUCH OF
- TREND ALERT: GRAPHIC COLOUR POP
- TREND ALERT: CORK COMEBACK
- 7 TOP TIPS TO CREATE A RELAXING BEDROOM
- 5 WAYS TO CREATE A HEAVENLY HOME OFFICE
- HYGGE: COSY & COMFORTABLE
- REFRESH YOUR CHILD’S BEDROOM WITH FITTED FURNIT
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us