5 STYLE UPDATES TO GET YOUR GUEST BEDROOM READY FOR CHRISTMAS10th December
Panic stations. The in-laws pending arrival is beckoning and you are feeling far from festive as the guest bedroom is looking more ‘Nightmare on Elm Street’ than it is ‘A Christmas Carol’. But all is not lost and you can still bring some seasonal cheer to the room with some simple style updates that will make take it from drab to fab:
Inject a pop of colour.
Whilst a neutral scheme is a great starting foundation for a room, it is important to ensure that your personality still shines through. Therefore, choose a bold accent colour such as: claret red or emerald green for accessories to really bring your room to life and provide some festive flavour.
Brighten your lighting.
The right lighting can help to create a soothing ambience in a room as well as to help guide Santa’s sleigh, therefore adding accent light sources in addition to your ceiling lights will give the space a warm glow as they produce a softer stream of light.
Don’t let your window be an afterthought.
Window dressings can quite often be forgotten about. Adding a new curtain pole or hanging some opulent fabric, can instantly transform a space and make it feel more cosy for the winter months.
Mirror, mirror on the wall.
Hanging a mirror will not only add a point of interest to the room, but will also open the space up and make it seem bigger by reflecting light throughout. Add some twinkling fairy lights to make your space even more magical.
Bring the outside in.
The benefits of including house plants in your room are aplenty – they clean the air, add colour to the space and can emit an attractive scent, further adding to the atmosphere. They will also help you to easily achieve the botanical trend in your home. Hang some delicate glass baubles from the leaves to complete the festive look.
Show us your guest bedroom makeovers in the lead up to Christmas on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest (@SharpsBedrooms) by using #bedroomupdates
- Making a feature of characterful sloping ceilin
- Create the Natural Sleek look with Hannah Cork
- A perfect fit for a spare room and its guests
- Create a chic, timeless look With Hannah Cork
- Can a home office be a bedroom too?
- Create The Global Look With Hannah Cork
- Maximising space around an extremely awkward sl
- Create The Look With Hannah Cork: Charcoal Ecle
- From handbags to an en suite... this wardrobe f
- How To Decorate a Toddler’s Room
- You'd never believe this is an awkward shaped r
- Interior Stylist Hannah Cork Talks Millennial P
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us