7 TOP TIPS TO CREATE A RELAXING BEDROOM30th November
The bedroom is the central hub for relaxation in the home, and a cleverly designed space will help ensure that you feel peaceful and relaxed. Cool, calm vibes can be on the cards with these top tips to help you create a relaxing bedroom:
1. Colour is key. If you’re looking to create a relaxing bedroom scheme, opt for neutrals such as soft greys and creams. To inject a touch of colour, pastel shades such as powder blues and blush pinks will also emanate a laidback ambience.
2. The power of plants. Succulents continue to be a key trend, and including plants will give the bedroom a natural and organic vibe by bringing the outside in. They’re also incredibly easy to look after.
3. Tidy space = tidy mind. Whilst it is important to show hints of your personality through accessories and accents, try to stick to just a few decorative pieces. Investing in some clever storage solutions will also help hideaway the clutter – fitted furniture is a great option as it provides far more room than the freestanding equivalent, ensuring that your clothes can be hung in harmony.
4. Create different zones. Highlighting different activity areas such as a nook for reading and an area for sleeping and working, will ensure that your bedroom is organised and naturally flows from one area to the next. Incorporating a window seat is a great space saving solution.
5. Incorporate soft textures. By including fluffy cushions and sumptuous rugs, you will instantly bring a feeling of cosiness to the scheme. Plus, layering continues to be a hugely popular trend and by including a variety of textures and fabrics, you can provide some added interest to a neutral scheme.
6. Have a blissful bed. It is imperative that you get a good night’s sleep, as a lack of sleep will lead you to feel the opposite of relaxed and peaceful. Therefore, it is vital that your bed is as cosy as it can be. A comfortable bed may consist of one that is piled high with silky throws and scatter cushions, or perhaps you may take a more minimalistic approach. Whichever your preference, ensure that you pay careful consideration to deciding how your bed will take shape so that you can guarantee a relaxing night’s sleep.
7. Choose the correct lighting. Creating a sense of ambience is important when wanting to construct a relaxing bedroom and light solutions that are too bright or that have rapid lighting patterns can detract from a feeling of calm. Therefore, if you are unsure as to what lighting to choose, don’t be afraid to seek advice on which solution will best suit your needs. Some furniture will also incorporate ambient lighting solutions that will help provide a more gentle and natural look.
- CREATE A COOL, NORDIC INSPIRED SPACE WITH ELEME
- Why you have nothing to wear...
- CREATING THE STYLISH, SERENE COASTAL LOOK
- RESTYLE YOUR BEDROOM WITH ELEGANT EARTHY HUES
- Inside the home of Capital FM's Lilah Parsons
- 5 WAYS TO ADD VALUE TO YOUR HOUSE
- OUR COLLABORATION WITH INTERIORS BLOGGER, HEATH
- PERFECT FITTED WARDROBES TO COMPLEMENT TOUCH OF
- TREND ALERT: CORK COMEBACK
- TREND ALERT: GRAPHIC COLOUR POP
- 7 TOP TIPS TO CREATE A RELAXING BEDROOM
- 5 WAYS TO CREATE A HEAVENLY HOME OFFICE
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us