7 TOP TIPS TO MAKE YOUR BEDROOM MORE PEACEFUL21st September
The bedroom is the central hub for relaxation in the home, and a cleverly designed space will help ensure that you feel peaceful and relaxed. Cool, calm vibes can be on the cards with these simple steps:
1. Colour is key. If you’re looking to create a peaceful scheme, opt for neutrals such as soft greys and creams. To inject a touch of colour, pastel shades such as powder blues and blush pinks will also emanate a laidback ambience.
2. The power of plants. Succulents continue to be a key trend, and including plants in the room, will give the space a natural and organic vibe by bringing the outside in. They’re also incredibly easy to look after.
3. Tidy space = tidy mind. Whilst it is important to show hints of your personality through accessories and accents, try to stick to just a few decorative pieces. Investing in some clever storage solutions will also help hideaway the clutter – fitted furniture is a great option as it provides far more space than the freestanding equivalent, ensuring that your clothes can be hung in harmony.
4. Create different zones. Highlighting different activity areas such as a nook for reading and an area for sleeping and working, will ensure that your bedroom is organised and naturally flows from one area to the next. Incorporating a window seat is a great space saving solution.
5. Incorporate soft textures. By including fluffy cushions and sumptuous rugs, you will instantly bring a feeling of cosiness to the scheme. Plus, layering continues to be a hugely popular trend and by including a variety of textures and fabrics, you can provide some added interest to a neutral scheme.
6. Have a blissful bed. It is imperative that you get a good night’s sleep, as a lack of sleep will ensure that you are feeling the opposite of relaxed and peaceful. Therefore, it is vital that your bed is as cosy as it can be. A comfortable bed may consist of one that is piled high with silky throws and scatter cushions, or perhaps you may take a more minimalistic approach. Whichever your preference, ensure that you pay careful consideration to deciding how your bed will take shape so that you can guarantee a restful night’s sleep.
7. Choose the correct lighting. Creating a sense of ambience is important when wanting to construct a peaceful space and light solutions that are too bright or that have rapid lighting patterns can detract from a feeling of calm. Therefore, if you are unsure as to what lighting to choose, don’t be afraid to seek advice on which solution will best suit your needs. Some furniture will also incorporate ambient lighting solutions that will help provide a more gentle and natural look.
- 5 WAYS TO ADD VALUE TO YOUR HOUSE
- REFRESH YOUR CHILD’S BEDROOM WITH FITTED FURNIT
- THE ARTISAN INTERIORS MOVEMENT
- MANHATTAN DARK WALNUT FITTED WARDROBES – THE PE
- 7 TOP TIPS TO MAKE YOUR BEDROOM MORE PEACEFUL
- 7 TOP TIPS TO TRANSFORM YOUR HOME INTO A HOLIDA
- CREATE THE PERFECT DUAL SPACE WITH FITTED OFFIC
- PERFECT FITTED WARDROBES TO COMPLEMENT TOUCH OF
- RISE OF THE SHELFIES
- HOW TO KIT OUT YOUR GUEST ROOM FOR CHRISTMAS
- NOTHING TO WEAR?
- CREATING A COOL SCANDI BEDROOM
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us