CREATING A COOL SCANDINAVIAN DESIGN BEDROOM6th October
The clean uncluttered lines of Nordic style are a very desirable interior look and natural textures can create a cosy and attractive feel. Here are some top tips on how to master this trend.
This look is all based on developing neutral shades, selecting paint or wallpaper in white or off-white tones which will help lighten your walls and act as a blank canvas for your soft furnishing choices.
When it comes to choosing furniture, the Scandinavian design trend isn’t just about using modern pieces; vintage pieces with clean lines will add character to your room whilst also providing a space to display ornaments.
You can also use your furniture choices to bring the outdoors inside by selecting reclaimed wood pieces, and for those who are slightly braver, choosing light oak reclaimed flooring will add a new dimension to your room.
For the soft furnishings in the room, scattering sheepskin rugs on the floor, over sofas and chair arms will enhance the Scandinavian chic style. Simple accessories such as chunky white candles grouped on mirrored plates or wooden boards, will complement this look further and provide some natural light sources.
With this trend it is also common place to use bright accent colours to add depth to the room, for instance a statement orange cushion or yellow throw will help to ensure your bedroom is a place to relax and has a splash of happiness in the home.
Sliding wardrobe doors can also help to create a look of Scandinavian luxury and Sharps are on hand to help you get this look with their inspiration pages.
- Why you have nothing to wear...
- Inside the home of Capital FM's Lilah Parsons
- 5 WAYS TO ADD VALUE TO YOUR HOUSE
- OUR COLLABORATION WITH INTERIORS BLOGGER, HEATH
- PERFECT FITTED WARDROBES TO COMPLEMENT TOUCH OF
- TREND ALERT: GRAPHIC COLOUR POP
- TREND ALERT: CORK COMEBACK
- 7 TOP TIPS TO CREATE A RELAXING BEDROOM
- 5 WAYS TO CREATE A HEAVENLY HOME OFFICE
- HYGGE: COSY & COMFORTABLE
- REFRESH YOUR CHILD’S BEDROOM WITH FITTED FURNIT
- RISE OF THE SHELFIES
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us