Get The Look: Coastal
Get the look
Creating the Coastal look
Watch our video
Bring the serene coastal look into your room
- Shaker white wardrobes & window seat work perfectly for this trend
- Mix up the metals with satin nickel cup handles & vintage lamps
- Bare rustic floorboards, natural rugs & textured knits
- Natural accessories including dried heathers, driftwood & shells
- Layer & combine accents of soft pastel shades & whites
- Striped scatter cushions create a cosy, nautical inspired window seat
Simple and serene, the coastal trend is all about clean, crisp, cool tones, combined with cosy, natural textures. To create the perfect coastal backdrop to your bedroom, begin with a palette of cool grey and white base colours for the walls, floor and ceiling.
Layer accents of soft pastel shades, such as sea mist green and pebble tones throughout the room which will create a relaxed and cosy atmosphere. Striped scatter cushions add to the coastal feel, whilst bare rustic floorboards provide the perfect backdrop to a natural rug.
Shaker inspired furniture with its clean, uncluttered lines complement the coastal trend perfectly as it is traditional, yet simple. While wire baskets are not only perfect for extra storage, but are an inspired addition to this look, bringing a nautical cue to the design.
When it comes to lighting, a mix of modern and vintage metal lamps are great for enhancing your room whilst also bringing a sense of individuality to the scheme. Complete your look using coastal inspired accessories such as dried heathers, driftwood and shells.
- July 2015 - Get The Look: Geometric Patterns
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Modern Heritage
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Simply Scandi
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Relaxed Country
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Industrial Vintage
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Period Elegance
- September 2016 - Real Customer Home: Modern Victorian
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Botanical
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Monochrome
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Coastal
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Copper & Blush
- February 2017 - How To Hang The Perfect Gallery Wall | Heather
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us