Get The Look: Industrial Vintage
Get the look
Creating The Industrial Vintage Look
watch our video
How to create that retro vintage feel:
- Sharps Manhattan dark walnut wardrobes with black gloss handles
- Tarnished metal, functional lighting, and exposed brickwork
- Junk shop finds including old frames and prints
- Classic suitcases are useful storage items and add character
- Vintage apothecary bottles and a retro wooden mini drawer unit
- A reproduction metal bedstead looks authentically vintage
Giving a nod to the turn-of-the-century industrial era, this look is inspired by old industrial spaces, combining raw surfaces with clean, flat, contemporary furniture. If you have an ultra-modern home such as a loft style apartment or a converted warehouse space, be bold and fully embrace the urban look by using the structural elements of your home to define your interior space, instead of covering them up.
Make the most of your bare brick wall, exposed metal window frames, or original concrete flooring by ensuring the other elements of your room are sleek, modern and minimalist. Uncomplicated, flat faced furniture works best in a rich, earthy wood finish. This will add an element of warmth, particularly if your space is very open plan with high ceilings, and is a great backdrop for other textures, such as the sleek black gloss handles.
For your accessories, opt for quirky vintage finds, junk and charity shops are brilliant for sourcing these sorts of items, and are a great reminder of what the space might have been used for in days gone by. Cleverly placed accessories and vintage props will not only add to the scheme, but will help to soften the hard edges of the brick and concrete, so that your space still feels warm and inviting.
Lighting will also add a soft glow to the space, pendant lights being a very key element to this trend and coupled with plush cushions and throws will add the perfect textural contrast to the other elements of the room.
Take a look at our Pinterest board for more inspiration!
- July 2015 - Get The Look: Geometric Patterns
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Modern Heritage
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Simply Scandi
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Relaxed Country
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Industrial Vintage
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Period Elegance
- September 2016 - Real Customer Home: Modern Victorian
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Botanical
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Monochrome
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Coastal
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Copper & Blush
- February 2017 - How To Hang The Perfect Gallery Wall | Heather
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us