Get The Look: Mid-Century Modern
Get the look
Creating the Mid-Century Modern look
Watch our video
How to create the mid-century modern look in your room:
- Element textured wardrobes with a stone grey frame
- Simple grey floorboards will help to retain the clean, uncluttered look
- Blue is the perfect signature colour for this trend
- Bright block coloured hanging pendants & gallery wall
- Use matte finishes; there is no room for shiny, ‘blingy’ textures
- Use block colours & daring patterns to add depth & personality
Forming the basis for many different interior trends of today, mid-century design has certainly stood the test of time. If you want to retain the character of the mid-century look but ensure your interior design still retains a fresh with a contemporary edge, opt to combine your timeless furniture classics with some modern, scandi styling.
A great signature colour for this look is blue. Hugely popular for interiors in 2017, it’s a beautifully balanced hue that works perfectly with both bold and neutral accent shades. Simple grey floorboards will help to retain the clean, uncluttered look, whilst through accessories is where the scheme can really be brought to life. Use block colours and daring patterns to add depth and personality to the muted backdrop. This can be done with anything from side tables to cushions. Natural wood tones complement bright, modern colours well, but be sure to only use matte finishes; there is no room for shiny, ‘blingy’ textures here.
Furniture should be simple and unfussy. The use of warm, blonde woods will provide a nod to mid-century design but with a modern twist. Wardrobes from our Element range with textured, natural doors provide a simple, but warm backdrop to the overall scheme and complement the natural materials used in wooden accessories. And for the perfect finishing touch, why not add a classic, vintage radio!
Take a look at our Pinterest board for more inspiration!
- July 2015 - Get The Look: Geometric Patterns
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Modern Heritage
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Simply Scandi
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Relaxed Country
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Industrial Vintage
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Period Elegance
- September 2016 - Real Customer Home: Modern Victorian
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Botanical
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Monochrome
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Coastal
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Copper & Blush
- February 2017 - How To Hang The Perfect Gallery Wall | Heather
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us