Get The Look: Modern Heritage
Get the look
Recreate the Modern Heritage look:
- Sharps White Shaker Wardrobes
- Oversized Headboard in Harrow Slub Grey
- Chunky Knitted Grey Bed Throw
- Traditional Log Burner in Off White
- Weathered, White Wash Herringbone Flooring
- Florrie Frill Metal Hanging Lamp Shades
If you love the original features of your period home, but long for an interior with a contemporary look, then the Modern Heritage trend is perfect for you.
Ideal for a Georgian home, opt for Shaker style furniture; not only traditional and timeless in design and will complement your period features beautifully, but thanks to its chic, clean lines is perfect for a more contemporary look.
Choose traditional, heritage colours for walls, skirting boards and window frames, whilst furniture and accessories add a sense of calm in neutral tones. Drape chunky knit throws across linen bedspreads to enhance the classic yet relaxed modernity of the scheme. Low-hung light fittings positioned either side of the bed also provide a timeless appeal by offering an ingenious alternative to bedside lamps. These quirky light fixtures allow even more room for your beloved treasures and trinkets on your bedside tables.
The intricate chevron design of a Herringbone patterned floor is one of the most sought after styles this year, providing a modern alternative to the traditional wooden flooring.
Take a look at our Pinterest board for more inspiration!
- July 2015 - Get The Look: Geometric Patterns
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Modern Heritage
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Simply Scandi
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Relaxed Country
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Industrial Vintage
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Period Elegance
- September 2016 - Real Customer Home: Modern Victorian
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Botanical
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Monochrome
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Coastal
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Copper & Blush
- February 2017 - How To Hang The Perfect Gallery Wall | Heather
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us