Get The Look: Monochrome
Get the look
Creating The Monochrome Look
Watch our video
How to create a Monochrome masterpiece:
- Satin White Glass & Grey Mirror Sliding Doors
- Create a bold feature wall but layer up with textures & accessories
- Make a statement by laying monochrome patterned tiled flooring
- Dress your bed with soft grey knitted throws & patterned bedding & cushions
- Herringbone designed wooden flooring injects some subtle pattern
- Wooden accessories make your room softer & more feminine
Perfect for creating an impact, the black and white interior trend is minimalistic, chic, and will never go out of style.
If you’re brave enough to adopt a dramatic, dark background, it is important that your space still feels warm and inviting, particularly if you are using this scheme in your bedroom. Black and white are the obvious staple colours for creating the monochrome trend, however warm greys and natural textures such as stone or wood are perfect for making your room feel softer and more feminine.
Wooden flooring laid in a herringbone design is the perfect way of injecting some subtle pattern into your room, whilst the natural properties of the wood will help your room to feel warm and cosy. Alternatively, if you want to make more of a pattern statement, introducing patterned tiles will not only bring another texture to your room, but will also work well with a room with period features.
The use of large mirrors will help to reflect light around the space, particularly important if lots of darker tones have been used, while the bed is the perfect space to tie the whole design together with the use of warm knitted throws and patterned cushions.
- July 2015 - Get The Look: Geometric Patterns
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Modern Heritage
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Simply Scandi
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Relaxed Country
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Industrial Vintage
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Period Elegance
- September 2016 - Real Customer Home: Modern Victorian
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Botanical
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Monochrome
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Coastal
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Copper & Blush
- February 2017 - How To Hang The Perfect Gallery Wall | Heather
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us