Get The Look: Period Elegance
Get the look
Create yourself an elegant bedroom:
- Sharps white Sherbourne wardrobes with top boxes
- Tall fabric Mela headboard in Harrow Crushed Velvet in grey
- Vintage style glass door knobs
- Cut crystal glass chandelier
- Wardrobes scribed around period features
- Classic taupe bedside accessories
Celebrate the original period architecture in your home by combining classically elegant furniture with opulent accessories and focal points to create a sense of glamour and sophistication.
Taking many cues from the Georgian era, the period elegance trend is perfect for a property with high ceilings, imposing sash windows and beautifully decorative skirting boards and coving. To really make the most of those timeless features that will never go out of style, ensure that your chosen pieces within your room not only complement these architectural gems, but create a sophisticated, elegant space that is truly befitting of classic Georgian style.
Start with a colour scheme that is pale and airy, which will emphasise the high ceilings and feeling of space, giving the room a sense of grandness. Clear focal points are also key to this look, such as an original decorative fireplace with a beautiful centrally hung chandelier. Symmetry is also a key theme of this era - perfect if you have matching alcoves either side of your original chimney breast.
When thinking about your accessories, this is the time to bring a touch of glamour to your room. Keep bedding simple with high quality, white sheets, then choose glass, chrome and mirror which will keep your scheme smart and grown up and will also reflect light beautifully around your room.
Take a look at our Pinterest board for more inspiration!
- July 2015 - Get The Look: Geometric Patterns
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Modern Heritage
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Simply Scandi
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Relaxed Country
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Industrial Vintage
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Period Elegance
- September 2016 - Real Customer Home: Modern Victorian
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Botanical
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Monochrome
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Coastal
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Copper & Blush
- February 2017 - How To Hang The Perfect Gallery Wall | Heather
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us