Get The Look: Relaxed Country
Get the look
Creating The Relaxed Country Look
watch our video
How to create that casual country feel:
- Henley Stone wardrobes, Mushroom Nickel & Satin Cup handles
- Hanging pendant light in a neutral tone
- An oversized Soho headboard, upholstered in a harrow hopsack
- Subtle stripes are mixed with plain and botanical print fabrics
- Weathered floorboards and textured rugs help set the scene
- Anglepoise bedside lamps in a warm grey and wood finish
A trend that has been around centuries, the country look has been popular in many different forms. If you long for the feeling of cosy rural life in your own bedroom, follow our tips below on how to use modern materials and accessories, to ensure your interior is right on trend, whilst still retaining elements of years gone by.
A neutral, but warm palette such as soft whites and warms greys is the perfect starting point in creating the perfect cosy country feel. Crisp white walls are simple and clean, whilst furniture should be simple and functional, yet have a familiar, traditional shape to it, such as shaker inspired wardrobes, or a large, comfy wingback chair.
Bedding and textiles should also be warm and inviting, you can achieve this by coupling subtle patterns with different textures, layered up to create warmth and restfulness. Cool blues provide a lovely contrast to the warm grey hues and give the overall scheme a more contemporary look, and are perfectly balanced with the use of real wood floorboards, practical yet warm.
Emphasise the relaxed feel by keeping accessories simple and uncluttered, using a mixture of modern pieces, such as geometric vases and baskets, with older items gathered from eras gone by, such as beautiful botanical prints hung in a collection on the wall.
- July 2015 - Get The Look: Geometric Patterns
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Modern Heritage
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Simply Scandi
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Relaxed Country
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Industrial Vintage
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Period Elegance
- September 2016 - Real Customer: Modern Victorian
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Botanical
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us