Get The Look: Simply Scandi
Get the look
Creating The Scandi Modern Look
watch our video
How to get that Nordic style:
- Sharps Manhattan white touch-close wardrobes
- Monochrome textured bed linen with white wooden headboard
- Prints from nature housed in dark frames against white walls
- Light wooden furniture shaped by nature
- Natural wood flooring & textured neutral rug
- Simple, stylish & adjustable wall mounted bedside lights
The scandi trend is inspired by the beautifully simple and understated Scandinavian design which is renowned for its clean lines and pared back style, all centred around functionality and use of light.
If you want to replicate this look in your own home, begin by combining simple, neutral pieces with natural materials such as wood. Modern flat faced furniture will bring a sense of order and calm to your room, while the natural contours and texture of wooden pieces will not only add a sense of contract to your ultra-modern furniture, but will add depth and warmth.
Keep wall colours light and neutral and floor coverings natural, which will make the most of natural light and help emit a sense of bringing the outside in, both of which play key roles in Scandinavian living.
To fully encapsulate the ultrachic scandi look, combine throws and scatter cushions that have bold, modern patterns but in soft grey and white colourways. This will add attractive style points to your room, as well as creating the perfect backdrop for relaxation. Keep away from the clutter, however, by ensuring that accessories are kept to a minimum.
- July 2015 - Get The Look: Geometric Patterns
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Modern Heritage
- November 2015 - Get The Look: Simply Scandi
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Relaxed Country
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Industrial Vintage
- December 2015 - Get The Look: Period Elegance
- September 2016 - Real Customer: Modern Victorian
- January 2017 - Get The Look: Botanical
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us