Redesigning for Winter10th October
We’ve been lucky enough to get some glorious summer sunshine this year, but that no doubt means that we’re in for a very frosty winter. After reading Home Beautiful’s suggestions for seasonal decorations, it inspired us to think about what really makes a cosy, Christmassy space. So if you’ve got a space you want to curl up and hibernate in this season, why not give your room the perfect winter makeover?
One thing a den definitely needs to be is comfortable – so an abundance of cosy cushions and luxurious throws are a must. Combine these with cool blue metallics, and you’ve got a wonderfully frosty-looking morning hideaway. Our Sonata range perfectly complements these colours too, still keeping the room feeling light and spacious.
If you’re a bit of a night owl, why not bring the mysterious night inside? Marry together striking, deep shades of purple and black to bring the outside in. Accessorise with lamps and spotlights too, to make sure you can tune the dramatic decor to your desired effect. Our Boutique range is perfectly suited to achieving this sleek, chic look.
And for the full grotto effect, you could always team Christmassy reds or golds with some classic dark wood. Whilst already wonderfully sparkly, metallics are a fun and fashionable way to spice up your season’s bedroom. They also go really well with slightly darker wood, like the walnut tones of our New England range.
It can be really fun redesigning your room for the winter season, but the icing on the cake is sure to be the Christmassy customisation – as every bedroom suddenly feels that little bit cosier when it’s been subject to a strategic sprinkling of fairy lights. Drape your room in festive decorations for the full winter effect, making sure to pick some complementary colours to get you in the spirit of the season.
With crisp mornings and dark nights in store, prepare for it to be freezing cold outside – but as long as you’ve gotten your bedroom right, you can feel as warm as ever indoors.
- Making a feature of characterful sloping ceilin
- Create the Natural Sleek look with Hannah Cork
- A perfect fit for a spare room and its guests
- Create a chic, timeless look With Hannah Cork
- Can a home office be a bedroom too?
- Create The Global Look With Hannah Cork
- Maximising space around an extremely awkward sl
- Create The Look With Hannah Cork: Charcoal Ecle
- From handbags to an en suite... this wardrobe f
- How To Decorate a Toddler’s Room
- You'd never believe this is an awkward shaped r
- Interior Stylist Hannah Cork Talks Millennial P
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us