THE ARTISAN INTERIORS MOVEMENT11th October
One of the latest interior looks that combines both style and crafting, is the artisan trend. Taking shabby chic to a whole new level, this quirky style appears to be growing ever popular.
The crafting boom in recent years has shown that there is still a real want for unique, hand-crafted pieces that add a sense of intrigue to an interior scheme. The artisan interiors movement centres on combining hand-made, one-off ornaments and furniture to provide real character to your home.
Whether buying unique pieces at a crafts market or having a go at creating your own treasures and trinkets, with the artisan trend there are no limitations. From upcycling an old dresser with a fresh coat of paint, to creating your very own decorative ornament, this trend allows your creative juices to flow and your personality to shine through.
When determining a complementary colour palette for the artisan trend, look for rich browns, deep reds and denim blues for a classic warm look, reminiscent of the 1970’s. Weaving in tribal and Aztec prints will provide a contemporary and bold twist to the scheme.
Texture is also imperative when creating eclectic artisan appeal. Whether buying home accessories or creating them yourself, look for items that have been hand crafted from natural materials such as rustic wooden tables and soft woollen rugs. Vases made from terracotta will complement the rich artisan colour scheme and will also add to that natural, hand-crafted feel.
- 5 WAYS TO CREATE A HEAVENLY HOME OFFICE
- OUR COLLABORATION WITH INTERIORS BLOGGER, HEATH
- 5 STYLE UPDATES TO GET YOUR GUEST BEDROOM READY
- 7 WAYS TO CREATE A BOUTIQUE BOUDOIR
- 5 WAYS TO ADD VALUE TO YOUR HOUSE
- REFRESH YOUR CHILD’S BEDROOM WITH FITTED FURNIT
- THE ARTISAN INTERIORS MOVEMENT
- MANHATTAN DARK WALNUT FITTED WARDROBES – THE PE
- 7 TOP TIPS TO CREATE A RELAXING BEDROOM
- 7 TOP TIPS TO TRANSFORM YOUR HOME INTO A HOLIDA
- CREATE THE PERFECT DUAL OFFICE SPACE WITH FITTE
- PERFECT FITTED WARDROBES TO COMPLEMENT TOUCH OF
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us