TREND ALERT: GRAPHIC COLOUR POP9th December
For anyone looking to inject personality into their interior, mid-century modern design is a must try trend. Adding new life to the popular white wash spaces of last year, this trend layers splashes of bold colour, pattern and 1950’s product design to both amplify and brighten any room.
The two colours leading the way in this trend are solid pops of teal and yellow. Together they create an eye catching contrast and can be easily merged with the addition of muted neutral greys. The colours can be used with confidence in soft furnishings, lighting and even feature walls to create unique character.
Another way to introduce colour is through graphic patterns. Bold geometric shapes and simple repeat patterns help to add depth to the look and can be coupled with other patterns and colours to provide mix and match style.
To avoid the room becoming over powering or feeling cluttered, the addition of natural materials is essential. Light drift wood, concrete and stripped back floorboards create a neutral base for blocks of colour and allow your eye to be drawn to points of interest in the room whist maintaining the feeling of space.
- A dream bedroom makeover come true
- How to Decorate a Master Bedroom
- House Beautiful Dream Room Awards 2017
- How to Decorate a Nursery
- Making the most of wasted space under the stair
- Sharps & The British Heart Foundation
- Real Customer Home: Copper Scandi
- Why you have nothing to wear...
- CREATING THE STYLISH, SERENE COASTAL LOOK
- RESTYLE YOUR BEDROOM WITH ELEGANT EARTHY HUES
- Inside the home of Capital FM's Lilah Parsons
- 5 WAYS TO ADD VALUE TO YOUR HOUSE
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us