2012 Trends - Accessorisation15th November
With the ‘don’t move, improve’ ethos still firmly set in the minds of UK homeowners, it’s time to let creativity take over from the ‘magnolia effect’ and personalisation in the home to flourish. So the trend for adding originality to home interiors will continue to grow.
Feature wall papers and vivid furniture finishes can help to make a stunning statement in the bedroom, but there are many other options to available – whether you’re looking to add a bold accent colour, or make a subtly stylish addition to a room.
Mirrors have always been a popular and practical addition to any bedroom and also help the space to feel spacious by reflecting light around the room. If you want to achieve a contemporary look, the Sharps Pure white gloss wall mirror is a great option – the smooth, high gloss finish forms a chic and simple frame either side of the mirror, and if hung up horizontally it’s a great way to elongate the room.
Upholstered headboards help to recreate the feel of a sumptuous hotel room in any bedroom space. Sharps offer a range of fully customisable headboards, which a wide choice of upholstery styles, patterns, fabrics and sizes. There are also a variety of stylish footstools available, including cool cubes, bench or piano style designs, all of which add a practical yet personal touch to the space.
Sharps have a range of more than 60 co-ordinating fabrics to choose from, with plush velvets, soft faux suede and fleecy ‘Pom Pom’ options tipped to feature in many bedroom schemes for 2012. These fabrics can be mixed and matched onto headboards and footstools – providing bespoke ‘finishing touches’ to match the new bedroom scheme, which is also designed and built specifically for every homeowners individual needs.
Expert tip: The Sharps fabrics used for headboards and footstools can also be incorporated into the lining of the Glamour Cabinet to create a flawlessly co-ordinated look.
- Spare room? Transform it into a stylish walk in
- Interior Stylist Hannah Cork Talks Layered Grey
- Create the Marbled Look by Hannah Cork
- My Dream Walk In Wardrobe by Josie | Fashion Mu
- Create the global look in your home office with
- Making a feature of characterful sloping ceilin
- Interior Stylist Hannah Cork Talks Millennial P
- Create the Natural Sleek look with Hannah Cork
- A perfect fit for a spare room and its guests
- Create a chic, timeless look With Hannah Cork
- Can a home office be a bedroom too?
- Create The Global Look With Hannah Cork
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us