CREATING THE STYLISH, SERENE COASTAL LOOK20th February
The endurance of coastal inspired interiors continues into 2017 with a fresh take on this relaxed and informal look. Combining clean, crisp and cool tones with deep woven textures and an eclectic mixture of soft furnishings, embracing this look will allow you to drift off into a peaceful slumber every night.
Whether you live a stone’s throw from a beach, or hundreds of miles away, the fresh feeling of being close to the sea is ideal for a bedroom space. Forget bold tones and candy stripes, this new take on ‘seaside’ truly goes back to nature and takes inspiration from the shoreline, sandy dunes lined with soft grasses and brims with subtle hues and stripped back textures.
The Shaker range in white perfectly balances the soothing qualities of this look. By having somewhere to keep daily essentials tucked away with clever storage solutions, a tranquil ambience can easily be maintained. Low line beside tables in a crisp white finish also provide somewhere to bring together other natural elements such as dried heathers and driftwood.
Even if your room doesn’t provide sweeping views of the ocean, a window seat is an ideal addition and provides a comfortable spot to get cosy with a book – or take a mindful moment with a cup of tea. Layering the area with a mixture of cushions, in varying sizes and complementary colours, adds to the easy going appeal.
To ensure fluidity throughout, avoid over styling soft furnishings – simply layer soft new wool throws to recreate the gentle ebb and flow of the ocean. Create interest on a blank wall with oak and white washed painted hooks, offering the opportunity to create an ever-changing display of vintage pieces or new purchases. You can also bring a delicate nautical cue to the design through the use of jute rugs and wire baskets, which are perfect for storing secret treasures.
- Creating a family of kids rooms with matching w
- A perfectly harmonised under the stairs cloakro
- Creating a hidden treasure of storage with a wa
- A Stunning grey & copper Dressing Room transfor
- Maximising space with clever overbed storage
- Making the most of wasted space under the stair
- The Charcoal Sleek Look by Hannah Cork
- Spare room? Transform it into a stylish walk in
- MY DREAM WALK IN WARDROBE by BLOGGER JOSIE
- You'd never believe this is an awkward shaped r
- Create the Marbled Look by Hannah Cork
- Create the global look in your home office with
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us