HYGGE: COSY & COMFORTABLE30th October
Nothing beats the little things in life: warmth, cosiness and genuinely feeling ‘at home’ in your own home. The Hygge trend centres on creating this cosy and comfortable ambience and has swept through the interiors world in time to fend off the winter gusts.
As unique as the Hygge Movement may appear, this Danish concept is much more a part of your life than you may realise. Meaning “to create a nice, warm atmosphere”, Hygge combines oak flooring, and traditional fireplaces with soft furnishings, such as fluffy rugs and knitted blankets, to provide an instant feeling of snugness and cosiness.
Neutral tones such as soft white and matte greys form Hygge’s central colour palette, whilst natural light combined with subtle illumination from lamps and candles are also key in creating this blissful ambience.
However, whilst there does appear to be common hues and furniture styles that are associated with this trend, Hygge focuses more on creating a certain feeling – a feeling of comfort and comfort undoubtedly has a different meaning to everyone. Therefore, Hygge can not necessarily be bought, but rather adopted as a mind-set that has endless boundaries of design.
- Maximising space with clever overbed storage
- The Charcoal Sleek Look by Hannah Cork
- Spare room? Transform it into a stylish walk in
- Interior Stylist Hannah Cork Talks Layered Grey
- Create the Marbled Look by Hannah Cork
- MY DREAM WALK IN WARDROBE by BLOGGER JOSIE
- Create the global look in your home office with
- Making a feature of characterful sloping ceilin
- Interior Stylist Hannah Cork Talks Millennial P
- Create the Natural Sleek look with Hannah Cork
- A perfect fit for a spare room and its guests
- Create a chic, timeless look With Hannah Cork
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us