TREND ALERT: CORK COMEBACK21st December
One of the key trend revivals for 2017, and perhaps one of the most surprising, is the comeback of cork.
Traditionally associated with five o’clock wine time and pinboards in the study, cork perhaps hasn’t been used to its full capabilities in the past. However, this light, environmentally-friendly material is great for absorbing noise and so is perfect for soundproofing large, open plan-style homes. In addition, it is a great material for insulation as it is impenetrable to water so will ensure that your home stays nice and cosy.
From a decorative standpoint, cork also makes for a stunning flooring option on account of its unique and non-uniform grain pattern. What’s more, the springy and flexible nature of cork will provide much comfort underfoot and be a real treat for your feet. Team with deep blue and dark green rugs and soft furnishings to add a sense of opulence and to really create a room to proud of.
Alternatively, add a bold feature wall with cork tiles to create a laidback, eclectic vibe. Stylish in its own right, you can either leave the wall as it is, or accessorise it with contemporary prints and photo frames to take the style stakes up a notch.
- Creating a family of kids rooms with matching w
- A perfectly harmonised under the stairs cloakro
- Creating a hidden treasure of storage with a wa
- A Stunning grey & copper Dressing Room transfor
- Maximising space with clever overbed storage
- Making the most of wasted space under the stair
- The Charcoal Sleek Look by Hannah Cork
- Spare room? Transform it into a stylish walk in
- MY DREAM WALK IN WARDROBE by BLOGGER JOSIE
- You'd never believe this is an awkward shaped r
- Create the Marbled Look by Hannah Cork
- Create the global look in your home office with
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us