Why Wardrobes Are Wonderful19th November
Many people find that modern homes are lacking in the necessary space. As you age or your family grows and you buy more clothes or material things, you’ll find your home feels smaller and smaller. Even in the master bedroom, you might not have as much space as you’d like; either in terms of storage space or room to move around.
The good news is there are solutions to your problems and easy ones that you might not have thoughts of. Built in wardrobes for example, are wonderfully practical and perfectly useful in any home. The following are some of the benefits of built in wardrobes that will soon help you realise why they’re a perfect choice for your bedroom:
- Storage Space – built in wardrobes don’t have the usual problems of wasted space and unnecessary materials that you get from traditional bedroom furniture such as backings, fascia’s and feet and other things. Built in wardrobes are instead attached to the walls of your bedroom and are built from floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall. They fit into the room, not the other way around, they make the most of the available space and they’re built to meet your particular needs. All this means you have a wardrobe that takes up less space in your room (potentially) but also provide you with more storage space for your personal belongings.
- Space to Move – traditional free-standing wardrobes take up far too much space in people’s bedrooms. They make it difficult for you to move and you often have to find a place for them – perhaps not the perfect place – and build the rest of your room around them. Built in wardrobes on the other hand fit into the room and give you the space you need both to move and to store your clothes.
- Hidden Wardrobe Features – built-in wardrobes have the obvious benefit of much more internal storage space. Being built floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall, gives much more room inside for clever storage units for drawers to pull out clothes racks and rails. There are plenty of practical storage options that will help you store the maximum amount of stuff in the smallest amount of space.
- Bespoke Designs – this isn’t off-the-shelf, build-it-yourself furniture, built in wardrobes are designed and built according to your needs with designs, finishing touches and a range of options to choose from that allow you to make it your own design. Tailor your wardrobes to suit your design style and personal taste for a bedroom you can be proud of.
- Dealing With Awkward Spaces – many people in the UK have a problem with awkward spaces in their bedroom. From sloping ceilings to beams, nooks and alcoves to simple problems with small rooms – there are plenty of bedrooms with plenty of problems. Built in wardrobes are the perfect solution because they’re designed to fit and deal with your space. This means that otherwise wasted space can be turned into a practical and useful storage space.
- Hiding Unpleasant Sights – A built-in wardrobe design can be used to cover and conceal unwanted and unpleasant bedroom features including things like sloping ceilings, air vents, and even unused fireplaces. You might not be able to get rid of these sorts of things entirely, but you can at least conceal them to stop them ruining the design of your bedroom.
- Sliding Wardrobe Doors – with limited space to move, the swinging doors on traditional wardrobes can impede on your bedroom space and even just opening the doors to look for a shirt can cause problems. Built in wardrobes on the other hand can be designed to take advantage of sliding wardrobe doors. Wardrobes with sliding doors are the perfect way to combat this problem while also improving and enhancing the design of your bedroom. Add your own choice of door handles, finishing styles and a selection of other options to create a beautiful built in wardrobes that are practical and smart too.
- Updating Your Bedroom – fitted wardrobes are thoroughly modern in their design style. So they’re a perfect way to breathe new life into your bedroom and update the design of your room overall.
- Cost-Effective – having a professional designer create and build your own built-in wardrobe is a cost-effective way of updating and improving your bedroom. And it’s probably well-balanced compared to buying standard furniture that probably won’t fit into your bedroom and won’t fulfil your needs properly either.
- Walk-in Storage – a step beyond even a standard built in wardrobe is the walk-in wardrobe. If you have the available space – for example, in an l-shaped room or with a smaller room next door to your main room that can be built into, then a walk-in wardrobe is a perfect solution. Masses of storage space, clever storage solutions and a touch of class that you won’t find with other wardrobes, these are a great addition to any home.
Built in bedroom furniture is a great solution for the design of your bedroom and help you make the most of all your space both for storage and freedom to move.
- Spare room? Transform it into a stylish walk in
- Interior Stylist Hannah Cork Talks Layered Grey
- Create the Marbled Look by Hannah Cork
- My Dream Walk In Wardrobe by Josie | Fashion Mu
- Create the global look in your home office with
- Making a feature of characterful sloping ceilin
- Interior Stylist Hannah Cork Talks Millennial P
- Create the Natural Sleek look with Hannah Cork
- A perfect fit for a spare room and its guests
- Create a chic, timeless look With Hannah Cork
- Can a home office be a bedroom too?
- Create The Global Look With Hannah Cork
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us