HYGGE: COSY & COMFORTABLE30th October
Nothing beats the little things in life: warmth, cosiness and genuinely feeling ‘at home’ in your own home. The Hygge trend centres on creating this cosy and comfortable ambience and has swept through the interiors world in time to fend off the winter gusts.
As unique as the Hygge Movement may appear, this Danish concept is much more a part of your life than you may realise. Meaning “to create a nice, warm atmosphere”, Hygge combines oak flooring, and traditional fireplaces with soft furnishings, such as fluffy rugs and knitted blankets, to provide an instant feeling of snugness and cosiness.
Neutral tones such as soft white and matte greys form Hygge’s central colour palette, whilst natural light combined with subtle illumination from lamps and candles are also key in creating this blissful ambience.
However, whilst there does appear to be common hues and furniture styles that are associated with this trend, Hygge focuses more on creating a certain feeling – a feeling of comfort and comfort undoubtedly has a different meaning to everyone. Therefore, Hygge can not necessarily be bought, but rather adopted as a mind-set that has endless boundaries of design.
- How to Decorate a Master Bedroom
- House Beautiful Dream Room Awards 2017
- How to Decorate a Nursery
- Making the most of wasted space under the stair
- Sharps & The British Heart Foundation
- Real Customer Home: Copper Scandi
- Why you have nothing to wear...
- CREATING THE STYLISH, SERENE COASTAL LOOK
- RESTYLE YOUR BEDROOM WITH ELEGANT EARTHY HUES
- Inside the home of Capital FM's Lilah Parsons
- 5 WAYS TO ADD VALUE TO YOUR HOUSE
- How to live a less cluttered life...
Keep up to date with our latest news, style ideas and what is inspiring us